'To study in Rotterdam is a wise decision. Rotterdam has everything to make your life here educational, exciting and unforgettable: high-quality study programmes, festivals, sports, culture, entertainment, shopping and architecture.
Rotterdam is a dynamic metropolis, the 'Gateway to Europe'. A city that is constantly reinventing itself. But above all, Rotterdam is a city you have to experience for yourself.
And now you’ve come here to study, I want to invite you to discover Rotterdam in full. This is the place to let your talents blossom. Rotterdam offers endless opportunities to take your career to great heights. There are many extraordinary and interesting employers and there is a wide range of opportunities for entrepreneurship.
Let our city challenge you to reinvent yourself in a way that suits you! And if you take up the challenge, we will face a bright future together. I look forward to your arrival and I will see you soon in Rotterdam!'
Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb
Arriving as a new international student
Do you want to study in the Netherlands? If you come to the Netherlands to live, work or study, you are likely to have some questions about the arrangements you need to make. For a stay of over 90 days, you must apply for a residence permit unless you come from a country that belongs to the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
Study in Rotterdam
Links to useful (government) websites
- Nuffic: the Netherlands organisation for international cooperation in higher education. This website provides you with lots of information about studying or working in Holland, diploma recognition, entry and residence
- IND: the organization for entry in the Netherlands
- NFIA: Q&A Living in the Netherlands
- EURES: the European job mobility portal
- WERK.nl: the European job mobility portal for working in the Netherlands
- Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB): the organization that implements national insurance schemes in the Netherlands
- Study in Holland
- Immigration page of the Erasmus University
- College Life: find yourself a student job in Rotterdam
How can I find a doctor or dentist in my neighbourhood?
Rotterdam City Information Line: (010) 267 16 25 (Monday-Friday 8.00 - 20.00 hrs, Saturday 09.00 - 17.00 hrs.)