Vehicle registration exemptions Maasvlakte
All trucks entering the entire Maasvlakte area (1 and 2), must be registered with the City of Rotterdam. Trucks that do not meet the access requirements, may be eligible for exemptions.
By clicking 'Sign in' button you will read what you need in order to registrate trucks and request for exemptions by.Sign in
- Dutch license plates: owners requiring exemptions for their vehicles. Dutch companies use eHerkenning to log on, civilians use DigiD.
- Foreign license plates: owners needing registered vehicles and/or exemptions. Foreign companies or nationals need to register with the City of Rotterdam first.
Exemptions are not necessary for trucks that either
- have been fitted with a Euro VI engine or
- are no older than 7 years and have been first admitted before 1 January 2013.
Trucks with Dutch license plates are registered automatically through the national vehicle database. Foreign vehicles must be registered once with the City of Rotterdam. Other vehicle registrations at non-official websites are not accepted.
- Foreign companies or nationals need to register with the City of Rotterdam first.
- After registration you can create your own Rotterdam account by signing in at this page.
- After logging on to your Rotterdam account, you can registrate your trucks and request for exemptions.
Vehicles with foreign license plates must be registered once. You need your Rotterdam account to registrate your truck. After that, you may apply for day exemptions or make an appeal for the hardship clause.
|Costs for the year 2024
|Requesting a day exemption
|Appeals for the hardship clause (exceptions with longer exemptions)
|€ 188.20 each
|The amount of fine
|€ 280 (plus € 9 administration costs)
These charges are required to cover expenses concerning your applications. The charges are non-refundable.
Terms and conditions
- Accounts are usually ready within minutes. Vehicle registrations receive temporary approval, allowing you to request exemptions. Day exemptions are usually ready within minutes after payment.
- Any appeals concerning the hardship clause are handled individually and must be completed within 8 weeks.
- The city of Rotterdam will inform you with every new step in a procedure. Be sure to enter the correct e-mail address. Updates are also shown in your account.