Exemptions request 's-Gravendijkwal
All trucks which need to access roads with the lorry ban, can request an exemption in order to access these roads.
Trucks that do not meet the access requirements, may be eligible for exemptions. Trucks with Dutch license plates are registered automatically through the national vehicle database. Foreign vehicles must be registered once.
- Foreign companies or nationals need to register. Link opens an external page with the City of Rotterdam first.
- After registration you can create your own Rotterdam account by signing in at this page.
- After logging on to your Rotterdam account, you may request exemptions.
Note: vehicles with foreign license plates must be registered once. You need your Rotterdam account to registrate your truck. After that, you may apply for exemptions.
Exemptions are not necessary for trucks that either are 100% electric or carry out duties required by law.
All other trucks need exemptions to access the ‘s-Gravendijkwal.
|The charges in 2023|
free of charge
Requesting a day exemption
Appeals for the hardship clause
€ 181,80 each
These charges are required to cover expanses concerning your applications. The charges are non-refundable.
With your application you must include copies of documents that show the the number of visits you must make to an address where the truck ban applies, and the reason for these visits.
- Accounts are usually ready within minutes after registration.
- Day exemptions are usually ready within minutes after payment.
- Any appeals concerning the hardship clause are handled individually and must be completed within 8 weeks.
- Dutch license plates: owners requiring exemptions for their vehicles
- Foreign license plates: owners needing registered vehicles or exemptions
Terms and conditions
- Vehicle registrations receive temporary approval, allowing you to request exemptions.
- The City of Rotterdam will inform you with every new step in a procedure.
- Be sure to enter the correct e-mail address.
- Updates are also shown in your account.
If you have any more questions, contact the City of Rotterdam via e-mail. Link opens an external page (in Dutch or English).