Vincent Karremans is a Rotterdam Vice Mayor on behalf of the liberal People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (in Dutch: VVD). He is responsible for Enforcement, Public Space and Transport.
Vincent Karremans (1986) moved to Rotterdam in 2005 to study economics and law at Erasmus University. In his student days, he co-founded a successful innovative online career platform for students, young professionals and employers, and expanded it internationally.
Karremans has been a member of the municipal council since 2018 and was involved with safety and tackling (subversive) crime. He works as a volunteer for Erasmus MC. He is Chairman of the 'AYA task force' there. This group of experts is committed to improving informal care for young cancer patients aged 18 to 35.
'Committed to Rotterdam! Rotterdam will become a safer, cleaner and greener place during the forthcoming years. Our focus is on getting things done, together with Rotterdam residents!'
Name: Vincent Karremans
Date of birth: 12th November 1986
Place of birth: 's-Gravenhage
- 2005 - 2013: LLM Corporate Law, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- 2005 - 2012: MSc Financial Economics (cum laude), Erasmus University Rotterdam
- 1999 - 2005: Gymnasium, Rijnlands Lyceum Wassenaar
- 2021 - present: Municipality of Rotterdam Vice Mayor
- 2018 - present: VVD Party Leader, Rotterdam Municipal Council
- 2012 - 2021: Founder & Managing Director, Magnet.me
Information for press
Spokesman: Tristan van Rijn +31 6 481 386 31