Tim Versnel is a Rotterdam Vice Mayor on behalf of the liberal People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (in Dutch: VVD). He is responsible for Work & Income, National Programme Rotterdam South and Mobile EU citizens.
Work is about more than simply generating income. Work allows people to take care of themselves and be free and proud. Work makes people part of the population. With this as his firm focus points, Vice Mayor Versnel is committed to getting more Rotterdam residents into the workplace and out of welfare assistance. Versnel is thereby looking for collaborations with the municipal council, social organisations, employers and with Rotterdam residents themselves. He is specifically focussed on Rotterdam South, where the challenges are the greatest.
Versnel was a member of the municipal council in Rotterdam before becoming Vice Mayor. He used to be a member of Krimpen aan den IJssel’s municipal council, where he was responsible for Work and Income. He was also an entrepreneur. He also managed the SUE Behavioural Design Academy. He worked as a Spokesperson for the Ministry of Defense and the VVD’s parliamentary party. He wrote the 'Alles komt goed’ (Everything’s going to be fine) book together with former VVD Party Leader Klaas Dijkhoff in the Lower House of Parliament. This book was published by the publisher Prometheus in June 2021. Versnel studied political sciences in Leiden. He’s married and lives in Rotterdam.
'We’re working hard at giving more Rotterdam residents that feeling of satisfaction when they have a good job and at realising further progress in Rotterdam South.'
Name: Tim Bernhard Versnel
Date of birth: 8 April 1987
Place of birth: Büren (Federal Republic of Germany)
- 2010 - 2012: MSc Political Sciences, Leiden University
- 2006 - 2010: BA Political Sciences, Leiden University
- 1999 - 2005: VWO (Pre-University Education), Krimpenerwaard College
- January 2022 - June 2022: Director, SUE Behavioural Design Academy
- March 2018 - March 2022: Member of the Municipal Council, Rotterdam, Work & Income, Poverty and Debt Relief, Integration & Society, Education Portfolio. Acting Chairman of the WIISA Committee.
- January 2020 - December 2021: Senior Behavioural Design Consultant, SUE
- November 2019 - February 2021: Author of the 'Alles komt goed’ (Everything’s going to be fine) book, Prometheus 2021, co-production with Klaas Dijkhoff
- March 2018 - September 2020: independent entrepreneur, Versnel Company, Communication & Strategy Consultant.
- September 2018 - December 2018: Spokesperson, Ministry of Defense (a.i.)
- January 2016 - February 2018: Spokesperson, VVD Parliamentary Party
- June 2014 - December 2015: Marketing Advisor, VVD
- January 2012 - May 2014: Online Communication Officer, VVD
- March 2010 - March 2014: Member of the Municipal Council, Krimpen aan den IJssel, Security, Work & Income Portfolio. Party Leader from 2012 to 2014.
Information for press
Spokeswoman: Sjan Clabbers +31 6 144 296 84