Said Kasmi is a Rotterdam Vice Mayor on behalf of the social liberal party Democrats 66 (in Dutch: D66). He is responsible for Education, Culture and Events.
Kasmi studied European studies (HEBO) in The Hague. He also studied International Relations, History, Media and Politics at Coventry University and International Relations at the University of Amsterdam.
Kasmi was Director of D66’s national agency before becoming Vice Mayor. He was also a Commissioner at housing corporation Woonbron and a member of healthcare institution Pameijer's Supervisory Board. Kasmi worked at the Anti-discrimination agency Radar until 2010, where he organised training courses for schools and social organisations.
He started his political career as a leading candidate for the Rotterdam-Centrum sub-municipality in 2009. He was subsequently the Director of this sub-municipality for the next four years from 2015. He was a member of D66’s national board and of South Holland’s Provincial Council. He was the leading candidate for D66 in 2018, after which he became Party Chairman. Said Kasmi has been a Rotterdam Vice Mayor on behalf of the D66 since 5th July 2018. He was responsible for Education, Culture and Tourism during the previous term (2018-2022).
'I will continue to commit myself to realising a diverse cultural offering with undiminished energy during the forthcoming years, close to the people in the neighbourhoods and making sure every child in Rotterdam can benefit from good education.'
Name: Said Kasmi
Date of birth: 1st November 1975
Place of Birth: Fassir (Morocco)
- European Studies (HEBO), The Hague
- International Relations, History, Media and Politics, Coventry University in the UK
- International Relations, University of Amsterdam (not completed)
- Havo (Higher General Secondary Education), Wolfert van Borselen Rotterdam
- 2018 - present: Party Chairman, D66 Rotterdam
- 2016 - 2018: Commissioner at housing cooperation Woonbron
- 2015 - 2018: Member of the Supervisory Board at healthcare institution Pameijer
- 2016 - 2017: Director a.i. D66’s National Agency
- 2015 - 2016: Member of D66’s National Board
- 2010 - 2014: Rotterdam Centrum Sub-municipality Director
- 2007 - 2010: Advisor and Trainer at anti-discrimination foundation Radar
- 1994 - 2007: Area Manager at the Persgroep
Information for press
Spokeswoman: Ingrid Adriaanse +31 6 391 161 35