Ronald Buijt is a Rotterdam Vice Mayor on behalf of the centre-right local Liveable Rotterdam party (in Dutch: Leefbaar Rotterdam). He is responsible for Health, Elderly and Youth care.
Born and raised in the city of Rotterdam, he soon became acquainted with Rotterdam’s multitude of perspectives. He worked in the logistics and transport world for years. He worked in various positions at shipping companies like Maersk Line and Senator Line from 1990. He worked for a significant period of time at Visbeen, an international transport company from 2007.
In addition to his full-time job, he was also a member of Rotterdam’s Municipal Council for twelve years from 2006. In recent years he’s been the political group leader of the JA21 Parliamentary Party in The Hague.
'Rotterdam residents get my full attention. With care where it’s needed and with appreciation and respect for those who deserve it.'
Name: Ronald Buijt
Date of birth: 1 October 1968
Place of birth: Rotterdam
- MAVO + HAVO (Intermediate & Higher General Secondary Education) Lebanon SG and Thorbecke SG
- March 2021 - October 2022 Leader of the JA21 Parliamentary Party, The Hague
- 2016 - 2018 Party Leader at Leefbaar Rotterdam
- 2007 - 2020 Transport company Visbeen, various positions, Rotterdam
- 2006 - 2018 Municipal Council Member for Leefbaar Rotterdam
Information for press
Spokesman: Theo Breimer +31 6 413 165 67