Maarten Struijvenberg is a Rotterdam Vice Mayor on behalf of the centre-right local Liveable Rotterdam party (in Dutch: Leefbaar Rotterdam). He is responsible for Finance, Organisation, Services and Major Projects.
Maarten Struijvenberg is firmly committed to all Rotterdam residents and is specifically focusing on the human dimension. As Vice Mayor, he is responsible for municipal finances, the municipal organisation and major projects. Vice Mayor Struijvenberg was also responsible for youth care and adult care in the first part of the current city administration. In his previous role he was the Vice Mayor for Building and Traffic in Capelle aan den IJssel. Earlier, he was a member of Rotterdam’s municipal council for Leefbaar Rotterdam. He was Rotterdam’s Vice Mayor for Employment and Economy during the period from 2014 to 2018.
Struijvenberg was born in Rotterdam in 1974. He lived in Dordrecht during his youth. He has been living in Rotterdam again since 1996.
'Looking after our Rotterdam residents is something we do together. With attention devoted to people, support for care providers and transparency in healthcare institutions.'
Name: Maarten (M.J.W) Struijvenberg
Date of birth: 18 August, 1974
Place of birth: Rotterdam
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, foundation year in Business Economics
- December 2019 - June 2022: Vice Mayor for Building and Traffic in Capelle aan den IJssel
- July 2018 - December 2019: Member of the Municipal Council for Leefbaar Rotterdam
- May 2014 - July 2018: Employment and Economy Vice Mayor, Municipality of Rotterdam
- March 2010 - May 2014: Member of the Municipal Council for Leefbaar Rotterdam
- September 2006 - March 2010: Head of the Leefbaar Rotterdam party office
- August 2002 - June 2006: Political Assistant to Vice Mayor van Sluis, Port, Economy and Environment Vice Mayor, Rotterdam
Information for press
Spokesman: Michiel Groeneveld +31 6 387 192 29