Faouzi Achbar is a Rotterdam Vice Mayor on behalf of the centre-left political party THINK (in Dutch: DENK). He is responsible for Social & Digital Inclusion and Sports.
Achbar grew up in Rotterdam. He held various different positions in education. After completing his teacher training he obtained a master's degree in sociology and an MBA for education managers. He worked as a Havo (Higher General Secondary Education) Team Leader for VAVO Rijnmond College in recent years. He started his political career as a district councillor in Feijenoord in 2006. Achbar became a Member of the Municipal Council in 2018, as well as leading candidate and Party Leader for DENK in 2021. Achbar is married and has 3 children.
'I will be committed to creating one Rotterdam over the next four years, a city in which every Rotterdam resident has the same opportunities and is treated equally.'
Name: Faouzi Achbar
Date of birth: 29th November 1982
Place of birth: Rotterdam
- 2016 - 2019: MBA for Education Managers, NCOI Training Institute
- 2010 - 2014: Sociology (Master’s), Erasmus University Rotterdam
- 2003 - 2007: Teacher training, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- 2002 - 2004: VWO (Pre-University Education), ROC Zadkine Education VAVO
- 2001 - 2002: Havo, (Higher General Secondary Education) R.S.G Rotterdamsch Lyceum
- 2000 - 2001: Mavo (Intermediate General Secondary Education), Albeda College Education
- 2018 -2022: Havo team leader at VAVO Rijnmond College in Rotterdam
- 2018 - 2022: Member of Rotterdam’s Municipal Council
- 2011 - 2018: Various positions at Carré College, LMC Group Rotterdam: Higher Education Coordinator, Deputy Team Leader, Strategy Group Member
- 2006 - 2014: Feijenoord District Councillor, Rotterdam
- 2003 - 2011: Manager/Consultant at McDonald's, The Netherlands
Information for press
Spokeswoman: Kristel van der Heiden +31 6 287 417 94