Chantal Zeegers is a Rotterdam Vice Mayor on behalf of the social liberal party Democrats 66 (in Dutch: D66). She is responsible for Climate, Construction and Housing.
Zeegers has previously held a variety of different positions within the Ministry of Education and the Municipality of Rotterdam. She has been active in politics for D66 since 2011. She started out as an Executive Director of Hillegersberg-Schiebroek, a sub-municipality of Rotterdam, specifically focussed on outdoor spaces, sustainability and traffic and transport. She was the D66 party leader in Rotterdam's municipal council between 2018 and 2022. Zeegers was born in 1967 and has lived in Rotterdam for most of her life. She is married and mother to two adult sons. She enjoys spending her free time with her friends, running and visiting museums.
'I’ve seen Rotterdam change from raw, bare and windy to attractive, diverse and green. I’m looking forward to continuing to develop the city together with the people of Rotterdam.'
Name: Chantal Zeegers
Date of Birth: 7th February 1967
Place of Birth: Rotterdam
- 2019 - 2022: Master Philosophy of Contemporary Challenges, Tilburg University
- 2004 - 2005: Business Administration, Open University (modular certificates)
- 1994 - 1995: Senior Archives Officer, The Hague State Archives School
- 1992: International Economic Relations, Columbia University New York, USA
- 1987 - 1994: Social History, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- 1985 - 1987: Law, Erasmus University Rotterdam (not completed)
- 1979 - 1985: Atheneum, Krimpenerwaard School Community in Krimpen aan den IJssel
- July 2018 - June 2022: D66 Rotterdam party leader and deputy chairperson of the Municipal Council
- April 2014 - March 2018: various positions at the Municipality of Rotterdam, IJsselmonde area, including Director and Deputy Programme Director
- 2011 - March 2014: Executive Director of the Hillegersberg Schiebroek sub-municipality in Rotterdam
- 2009 - 2011: various positions within the Municipality of Rotterdam’s Social Affairs and Employment Department, including Regional Manager and Head of Department
- 1999 - 2008: Interim Manager at the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science
Information for press
Spokeswoman: Ekin Yazbahar - Sonmez +31 6 134 283 89