Unfurnished houses for rent are offered by estate agents, housing corporations and private landlords. The use of gas and electricity is usually not included in the rent money. Furnished apartments or partially furnished apartments are available through private landlords, private house owners and estate agents such as indicated below. The website pararius.com offers an extensive list of agencies.
The Erasmus University offers extensive information about housing for international students on their website. How to find a room, when to start looking for accommodation, where to buy furniture, the neighbourhoods in Rotterdam, a glossary of housing terms etc.
- At Home Vastgoed B.V.
- Atlanta (NH Hoteles), short stay apartments
- Atta Makelaars (Dutch only)
- Bygga Housing (only in Dutch)
- City Apartments Rotterdam + brochure
- Classic Apartments
- Conform Makelaars.nl
- Dakomar Vastgoed
- Erasmus University - Housing for International Students
- Exclusive rentals
- Executive Home Rentals
- Expat Apartments Rotterdam
- Expolease Wonen
- 't Goeie Huys + directe link naar aanbod *
- HB&F Rentals Services
- Hooft en Mooij Makelaars
- Housing Anywhere
- Housing Solutions
- HPMV Adviesgroep + brochure
- Ingericht huren
- Inhollandhuisvesting (Dutch only)
- International United Group + brochure (focussing on housing expats for Maasvlakte 2) *
- Kamen “Home Rentals
- Kolpa Rental Services
- Logeerboot "Rotterdam" (loft boat for short stay) and loft boat "Visithor" (also short stay)
- Mizar B&B (short and long stay on a loft boat in the city centre)
- My City Lofts (short stay) + brochure
- Netwerk Wonen
- Nu Wonen
- Ooms (only in Dutch)
- Rotterdam Accommodation
- Pension Barendregt
- Perdirecthuren.nl (free registration) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Perfect Housing
- Perfect Visit (short stay)
- RE/MAX Netherlands
- Riva Rentals *
- Rotterdam Apartments
- Rotterdamexpat *
- Short Stay Rotterdam
- Stad en Land Makelaars
- The Student Hotel
- Van der Valk Vastgoed (also possibilities for short stay from 1 - 6 months)
- Vesteda Rotterdam
- Villaci Makelaardij (co-operation with Erasmus University and Erasmus Medical Center)
- Wonen MVM (only in Dutch)
- Woonstad Rotterdam
* only charges a fee to the landlord, not the tenant (expat). Only when the expat requires a house search, a fee will be charged.
The use of gas and electricity is sometimes included in the rent; please verify this to make sure.
If you want to buy a house, we recommend you to commission an estate agent. Since many estate agents are linked up to a common data system, the one of your choice can usually provide you with a complete overview of all houses for sale. Addresses of estate agents and a current overview of houses can be found on Funda.nl, niki.nl, jaap.nl (only in Dutch) or Exclusive houses.
Leasing furniture can be a welcome solution for those who expect to stay in Rotterdam for only a relatively short period of time.
It is possible to lease complete furnishing for your home; from kitchen utensils down to carpets. More information can be given by estate agents or by the advertisers in this guide. For temporary living arrangements: Furniture Lease, Home Inspirations or In-Lease.
For storage of your household effects you can use the services of Pickupbox.nl (website is in Dutch)
Relocation services are provided by several companies. Addresses can be found in the telephone directory.